|The Lies of Solace is the second novel in The Lord of Nightmares Trilogy, a series of grim tales based in the wildly popular Arkham Horror universe!
This disturbing story explores the depths to which desperation and tragedy can plunge us, and the grim consequences that await those who surrender to grief and pain.
When Jacqueline Fine experiences disturbing visions of a robed man before the crumbling edifice of a city, she's determined to prevent her nightmare from becoming a reality. Meanwhile, an Arkham doctor tries desperately to save his only daughter from the hands of a dark cult, and a distraught bootlegger attempts to unravel the mystery behind the sudden silence of his fiancée's letters. Will these three strangers be able to save everything they love from a terrifying future, or has their suffering only just begun?
Author John French is the designer of dozens of roleplaying games and supplements. He has written several short stories and novellas for Black Library, and his short story The Last Remembrancer appeared in the New York Times Bestselling anthology Age of Darkness.
• A novel based in the world of Arkham Horror, a popular board game
• Features characters and settings familiar to fans of the Arkham Horror universe
• The second installment of The Lord of Nightmares Trilogy
• Written by John French, author of award-nominated roleplaying supplements, short stories, and novellas
• Includes an exclusive promotional card for use in Elder Sign